The Complete BlackBerry Curve 9320 Guide

BB 9320 Featured Image

Got a BlackBerry Curve 9320 but not sure how to do something on it? Not to worry as we’ve come up with a comprehensive guide for all the things your handset is capable of.

Navigate using the links below but if you can’t find what you’re looking for just leave a question in the comments and we’ll try our best to get you an answer.

BlackBerry Curve 9320 Software

What’s the latest software update available for my phone?

The BlackBerry Curve 9320 runs BlackBerry OS 7.1. It’s always worth checking the official BlackBerry website from time to time though, as RIM often releases new software updates.

How will I know if a new software update is available?

• Firstly, you’ll need to connect to the internet (you can find out how to do this in the Internet section of this guide).
  • Go to Options from the main menu.
  • Press Device.
  • Choose Software Updates.
  • Your phone will now let you know if a software update is available. If so, follow the on-screen instructions to install the new software.

Software Update On The BlackBerry Curve 9320

Where can I get more help?

If you have any more questions about your phone’s software, head over to the P4u Forum and get in touch with the team, who will be more than happy to help you out.

Connectivity

How do I change my phone’s Bluetooth name?

• From the main menu, go to Options.
  • Press Networks and Connections.
  • Go to Bluetooth Connections.
  • Turn your Bluetooth receiver on.
  • Press the Menu key.
  • Select Options.
  • You’ll now see a Device Name option at the top of this menu. Just delete the current name and type in a new one.
  • Press the Menu key again.
  • Click Save.

Bluetooth Connectivity On The BlackBerry Curve 9320

How do I pair my phone with another Bluetooth device?

• From the main menu, go to Manage Connections.
  • Make sure your Bluetooth is on.
  • In the Paired Devices section, tap Add New Device.
  • Hit Search. A list of devices will appear on the screen.
  • Select the name of the device that you want to pair with.
  • Enter the pairing password when asked, wait a few moments and you’re all set.

How do I stop people sending me stuff over Bluetooth?

• Next to Discoverable, you’ll see options to select Yes, 2 Minutes, or No, from a drop down menu. Choose No.

Bluetooth Options On The BlackBerry Curve 9320

How do I remove a device from my Bluetooth pairing list?

• Turn your Bluetooth On.
  • From the list of devices your phone is paired with, scroll to the name of the device that you want to remove.
  • Touch Delete Device.
  • Press Delete.

How do I connect my phone to my computer?

• You’ll need to download the BlackBerry Desktop Software before you can connect your phone to your computer. It’s free to download from the official UK BlackBerry site.
  • Grab your phone’s microUSB cable, stick the smaller connector into your phone and the other end to your computer.
  • On your handset’s screen you will see three options: USB Drive, Sync Media and Charge Only. SelectUSB Drive.
  • Go into My Computer on your desktop and your BlackBerry will appear there as a removable disk drive.
  • When you’ve finished, make sure you choose to Safely Remove Hardware on your computer before disconnecting your phone.

Camera

How do I take a picture on my phone?

• From the main menu, select Camera.
  • You will now be able to see what the camera lens is seeing. To take a picture, press the Camera icon in the middle of the toolbar.

BlackBerry Curve 9320 Camera

How do I capture video?

• From the main menu, go to Media.
  • Select Video Camera.
  • Press the central blue icon with a white dot in the middle to start recording your video.
  • When you’ve finished recording, press the same blue button (it will now have two small white lines in it).
  • Press the white square icon in the toolbar of options to save your video, or press the white circle to continue recording.

Where can I see the pictures/videos I have taken?

• Click on Pictures.
  • Press Camera Pictures.

BlackBerry Curve 9320 Image Gallery

To watch your videos:

• Go to Media from the main menu.
  • Hit Videos.
  • Simply press on the video you want to play from the list.

Video Gallery On Your BlackBerry Curve 9320

How do I delete a picture or video?

To delete a picture:

• Select Pictures and press Camera Pictures.
  • Scroll to the picture that you want to delete and open it.
  • Press the Menu key.
  • Select Delete.
  • Click Delete again.

To delete a video:

• Go to Media from the main menu.
  • Select Videos.
  • Scroll down to the video you want to delete. Don’t open it up – press the Menu button instead.
  • From the pop-up menu, choose Delete.
  • Press Delete.

How many pictures can I take on my phone?

Your phone doesn’t come with too much internal memory so it’s well worth investing in a microSD card to store your snaps on. Your phone supports cards up to 32GB. Obviously, how much memory you have available for pictures depends on how much music, videos and other stuff is saved on your handset.

How long a video clip I can record on my phone?

Unlimited. It simply depends on how much memory you have available.

You can find out exactly how much memory is left on your phone by going to Options from the main menu, choosing Device, then Storage.

Messaging

How do I set up my email account on my phone?

• From the main menu, go to Setup.
  • Select Email Accounts.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your email account. Once your email address is set up correctly, you’ll receive a confirmation message.
  • To view your email inbox, click the Messages icon from the main menu.

Setting Up Email On Your BlackBerry Curve 9320

How do I send an email?

• From the main menu, go to Messages.
  • In the bottom toolbar, tap the Compose icon (it looks like an envelope).
  • Click Email.
  • Type the recipient’s email address in the To field and then type out your message.
  • Tap the Send icon.

How do I set up BlackBerry Balance?

BlackBerry Balance separates your work and personal accounts on your handset. In order to use the service, you have to be connected to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, so you’ll need to go and see your IT guy at work in order to get set up. Once you’ve done this, your handset will automatically detect any applications which are work-related or not. Work applications are indicated by a suitcase icon in the main menu.

How do I set up BlackBerry Messenger?

To use BlackBerry Messenger you need to make sure it is included in your phone contract. The best way to check this is to get in touch with your network provider. Once you’re all sorted:

• From the main menu, press BlackBerry Messenger.
  • Enter a display name you’d like to be known as to your BBM friends.
  • Whack in your details and then press the Menu key. Tap Save and press the back arrow key to return to the main BBM screen.
  • You can find out some more BlackBerry Messenger tips and tricks on the P4u News & Community site. Just head over to the Tips ‘n’ Guides section.

What is PIN Messaging?

PIN messaging is another way that BlackBerry users can keep in touch with each other. In order to use this service, you’ll need to find out your own BlackBerry PIN. This is a unique number that identifies your handset. To find out your PIN:

• Select Device.
  • Press Device and Status Information – you’ll find your PIN in there.
  • Now, you’ll need to give your PIN to your fellow BlackBerry users and gets theirs so you can start sending each other messages.
To send a PIN message:
  • Go to Messages from the main menu.
  • Hit Compose Other and choose the PIN option.
  • Type your friend’s PIN into the To field and write your message.
  • Hit Send when you’re done.

How To Use BlackBerry Pin Messaging

How do I send a picture message?

• Firstly, you may need to add MMS messaging to your BlackBerry plan before you can send picture messages. The quickest way to check if you can, and to add the option to your plan if not, is to get in touch with your network provider.
  • Go to Text Messages from the main menu.
  • Select Compose Text Message from the Options menu.
  • In the To section, choose the person’s name who you’re sending the message to from your Contacts list by pressing the Select key and then Choose Contact. If the recipient isn’t in your Contacts, just enter their number in the To field instead.
  • Scroll down to the message section.
  • Press the Menu key and a small toolbar will pop up. Choose Attach.
  • Select Picture.
  • Select your photo. It will now appear in the text box in your message.
  • Type in any text that you want to go with the message underneath.
  • Press Send.

How To Send A Message On Your BlackBerry Curve 9320

How do I delete a text message?

• Go to Text Messages from the main menu. You’ll now be able to see all the messages in your inbox.
  • Simply scroll to the message that you want to delete and tap the red X on the bottom toolbar.
  • Press Delete.

How do I use the voice search feature?

• Click on the small magnifying glass icon at the top of your phone’s homescreen.
  • A search bar will now appear. Click the microphone icon to the right of this.
  • When prompted, say what you’re searching for (if you want to find BlackBerry Messenger for example, just say “BlackBerry Messenge”).
  • Your phone will now display a list of results.

BlackBerry Voice Search Feature

Media

How do I put music onto my phone?

You’ll need to have BlackBerry Desktop Software installed onto your computer in order to sync your media files with your BlackBerry handset. You can download this software from the official BlackBerry website for free. It’s available for both PC and Mac users. Once you’ve done this:

• Connect your phone to your computer via the microUSB port.
  • Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer.
  • If you’re using Windows, click Music, Pictures or Videos which will then transfer onto your handset.
  • If you’re on a Mac, in the Media section click Music. You won’t be able to sync your videos or pictures though.

How do I make a music playlist?

• Choose the first song  you want to add to a playlist.
  • Press the Menu key and select Add To Playlist.
  • Click New Playlist.
  • Name your playlist and press OK.
  • Press OK again to add the song to your playlist.
  • Repeat this process to add more tracks.

To delete a song from an existing playlist:

• Go to Playlists from the main music menu and choose the playlist which has the song you want to delete in it.
  • Highlight the track.
  • Press the Menu key, then Remove and OK.
  • Hit the Menu key again and press Save.

To delete a playlist:

• Choose the playlist that you want to delete.
  • Press the Menu key.
  • Select Delete.

Deleting a Playlist On A BlackBerry Curve

What type of media files does my phone support?

The BlackBerry Curve 9320 supports:

• MP3, WMA, eAAC+ and WAV music files.
  • MP4, WMV, H.263 and H.264 video files.

How many songs can my phone hold?

Your phone doesn’t have a lot of memory so if you want to pack your tunes onto your handset, get a decent sized microSD card (the Curve 9320 supports cards up to 32GB). As a rough guide, 1GB of memory can hold about 250 songs, so 32GB can store loads more!

You can find out exactly how much memory is left on your BlackBerry by going to Options from the main menu, choosing Device then Storage.

Apps

Does my phone have an app store?

Yes, it comes with access to BlackBerry App World.

How do I access BlackBerry App World?

You can access BlackBerry App World directly from your handset. You’ll find it in the main menu under the name App World. If you can’t find App World in the main menu, you will need to download it from the internet via your phone. Just type www.blackberry.com/appworld/download into your phone’s browser and press the Download Now icon.

Alternatively, you can download BlackBerry App World onto your computer and transfer it to your handset. To do this, head over to the official BlackBerry website and connect your device to your computer, then just hit the Download It Today icon.

How do I download an app?

• The first time you open up the BlackBerry App World, you’ll need to read through the Terms and Conditions. If you agree with them, click I Accept.
  • To browse all the available apps, click on the Categories icon in the bottom toolbar. You can also view the Top 25 apps or search for a specific app using the Search option.
  • When you’ve found an app you’re interested in, you’ll see the name of the apps available, its price (or Free if it doesn’t cost anything), and its star rating.
  • To download an app, click on its name and you’ll be given the option to download it. Select Download and you’ll see the download progress in the My World section which lists all your downloaded apps.
  • Once the app has successfully downloaded, it will be saved in your phone’s main menu.

BlackBerry App World

How do I delete an app?

• Find the app you want to delete in the main menu and press the Menu key.
  • Press Delete.
  • Select Delete again.

Internet

How do I connect to a Wi-Fi network on my phone?

• From the main menu, select Manage Connections or tap the connections area at the top of the homescreen.
  • In the Manage Connections section, tick the Wi-Fi box.
  • Press Set Up Wi-Fi. Your phone will now scan for available networks.
  • Choose the Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to from the list and enter the password if necessary.

Connecting To WI-FI On A BlackBerry Curve

How do I sign into my social networking accounts?

Your phone comes with pre-installed Facebook and Twitter apps, so all you need to do to start using them is open them up from the main menu and whack in your log-in details. Alternatively, you can view all your latest social happenings using Social Feeds.

Signing Into Facebook On The BlackBerry Curve 9320

How do I use Social Feeds?

If you have more than one social networking account, the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest goings on is via the Social Feeds app. This lets you view your friend’s statuses and update your own in one place. To use Social Feeds:

• Click on the Social Feeds icon in the main menu.
  • You can view the latest status updates by simply scrolling through the list. The small icon on the left of each feed shows which social site each status has been posted on.
  • To go to a specific social app from Social Feeds, just tap on a post made on that particular site.
  • You can also view RSS feeds here too. Just swipe to the right of the screen to check them out.
  • To open the post in your Torch’s web browser, just click on it.
  • You can filter your RSS feeds just by tapping on the Filter drop-down menu at the top of the feeds screen.
To post a status update using Social Feeds
  • Go to Social Feeds from the main menu.
  • Press the Menu key and select New Post.
  • Select which social network you want to post to. You can choose more than one at once.
  • Type in your message and press Post.

How do I open multiple windows on the web browser?

Your phone supports tabbed web browsing so you can have more than one webpage open at once. To open a new tab:

• In the browser, press the Menu key then hit Tabs.
  • Click the New Tab icon.

To switch between tabs:

• Press the Menu key, click Tabs and choose the page you want to switch to.

To close a tab:

• Press the Menu key, then Tabs.
  • Highlight the tab you want to close and click the red X icon.

How do I bookmark a webpage?

• In the browser, select the Menu key.
  • Tap Add to Bookmarks.
  • Enter the name for your bookmark, web address and choose where you want the link to be saved to.
  • Select Add.
  • To open your bookmarks, tap the Globe icon next to the address bar in the browser.