Sharing Content With DLNA Devices Using The Sony Xperia S
The Xperia S lets you share content, be it photos, video or music, and push that content to another device via DLNA, a neat bit of tech wizardry that uses your Wi-Fi network to wirelessly stream stuff to a connected device.
- First, set up your DLNA network – it’s pretty similar to setting up a Wi-Fi network at home.
- Once you’ve done that, check that whatever device it is you want to share the content with is connected by going into apps and opening up connected devices.
- Tap the device you want to share with, then check the share content box.
- Then select always allow.
- Open up what it is you want to push to the other device – so we’re going to do it with a video here.
- Once you’ve opened it, press the Menu button and a load of options will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Press Play On and this will bring up a list of all the connected devices.
- Select the one you want to push the content to and watch in awe as the video begins to play on your telly, streamed directly from your phone.